It’s that time of year and COVID-19 can’t stop us from holding the 2021 Breast Cancer Rehab & Wellness Summit! This is a FREE online summit in which you and anyone you know who is a breast cancer patient, survivor, caretaker, or healthcare professional can participate. The panel speakers are all experts in the field. Log into the week-long summit to learn about diagnosis, treatment, advocacy, and organizations that will help you free of charge – from the day of your diagnosis to the day you are cancer-free!
I will be speaking this year on the topic “Why you need a patient advocate” and the “State of care during the COVID-19 pandemic”. When you log into the summit, you will not only be able to share these presentations with your colleagues, friends, and loved ones, but you will also have the privilege of reaching out to each and every expert directly and discreetly to ask questions pertinent to your own situation.
Be a HERO and help fight breast cancer….for all of us! Share the link today and join the fight against breast cancer.
Health clubs have been packed with new members and ‘prodigal children’ these past two weeks. But did you know that most people give up on their New Year’s resolutions after the first month? Very often this is because people set monumental goals for themselves with very little planning. Here’s a tip for all of you – whether you are training for a sporting event, trying to lose a few pounds or just want to get into a healthier lifestyle….MAKE A PLAN! Rome wasn’t built in a day and neither is a svelte, muscular body or perfect healthy lifestyle. Don’t envision yourself climbing that steep mountain of a goal; make a plan to stride over many small hills that will get you to the other side of the mountain without so much difficulty.
Stay Sensational this Holiday Season and treat Yourself to a Mini Facial Rejuvenation Session!
Photobiomodulation can help stimulate collagen, reduce bags and dark circles under your eyes and help you look your fabulous best!
20 minute session only $75 Book your appointment today! 917-701-7582
Available only here at Golden Acupuncturist™
Give a great holiday gift this season or gift yourself!
Breast Cancer Rehabilitation Wellness
Managing side effects after breast cancer treatments is complex. International health professionals offer their solutions;
For many breast cancer survivors, side effects after treatment may not resolve with time alone. It is natural to think that the body will get better, and then after enough time has passed, you think “this is my new normal”…. Read More and Online Tickets
Vaping and e-Cigarettes
According to the WHO (World Health Organization), there is evidence that vaping and e-cigarettes might not be the most effective or safe method to quit smoking conventional tobacco products. Here are some reasons why:
Great Sex During Your Pregnancy
Many of my pregnant patients ask me if it is safe to have sex during their pregnancy and at what point should they cease sexual activity. Good questions and here are some answers for you.
May is Pelvic Pain Awareness Month
Pelvic pain can be defined as chronic pain (experienced for more than 6 months) that is not menstrual (period pain for females). Pelvic pain affects both men and women and can present as some of the following symptoms:
- Sexual dysfunction
- Painful penetration
- Painful orgasm
- Erectile dysfunction
- Generalized pelvic pain
- Post surgical pain
- Scar tissue pain
- Yeast infections & Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
- Constipation & bowel disorders
- Postpartum pain
The endometrium is the mucous membrane that lines the uterus. During the menstrual cycle, this lining thickens, allowing the possibility of a successful implantation of an embryo. Endometriosis is a condition that occurs when the cells that line the endometrium of the womb or uterus lining are found somewhere else in the body. Common sights are the pelvic peritoneum, ovaries, bladder and bowels. Some women with this condition experience mild discomfort, while many suffer from extreme pain, heavy periods and infertility. Endometriosis is a long-term condition that affects millions of women worldwide. It is commonly diagnosed in females age 25 to 40 years and rarely occurs after menopause.
Did you know that heart disease is the number one cause of death for women? Women frequently miss the symptoms of a heart attack because they mistakenly relate heart disease as a ‘man’s disease’. Women who have heart disease tend to believe that symptoms such as sweating, chest pressure, nausea, and jaw pain are synonymous with menopause, the flu, stress or simply feeling under the weather. Many women just don’t think they could ever have a heart attack.
Disregarding the symptoms of a heart attack can cause death. Recognizing the signs of heart disease or a heart attack can save lives.
The Holiday Season is here and here are some happy and healthy tips to get you through the season healthier both physically and mentally.
- Stay in the Game: keep up with your exercise routine. Regular exercise during the holiday season keeps off added pounds and the endorphins the brain releases during a workout can help alleviate stress. Working hard at the gym always makes us feel better, sleep better and puts us in the mindset to make wiser nutritional choices.
- Think Green!: if you are invited to a pot luck event, prepare a dish that is not only delicious, but healthy as well. Sauteed tuscan kale in a bit of olive oil, balsamic vinegar served with toasted pine nuts on top is not only beautiful, but tasty. The anti inflammatory properties of dark leafy green vegetables are good for just about everyone and a nice change of a side dish. Dark leafy green vegetables are a wonderful complement to any type of protein or pasta. You’ll be surprised how quickly it disappears!
- Be Kind to Yourself: life should be about balance. Schedule time for a nice long hot bath, a massage, a ‘me’ day. Holidays can be quite stressful with various types of obligations and the stress can tax your immune system. No one wants to be sick during the holidays, so take a time out at least once weekly. Try a yoga class or a meditation app. Schedule a relaxing stress-busting acupuncture session – it could be the best hour you’ve had to relax and reset your mind, body and soul.
- Give a Gift of Love and Health to a Friend, Colleague or Someone you Love: gift certificates are available and make great holiday gifts for the people who have ‘everything’. Call of email the office today and order yours!